Open Campus Login: https://moodle.opencampuspa.net/
Open Campus Website: http://www.opencampuspa.net/
Students should posses the technical skills listed below before signing up for an online or hybrid class. Help will be available on a limited basis in the high school library on certain evenings, but students are responsible for using the applications necessary for completing their coursework.
- Ability to use Google Docs – students should be familiar with the operation of Google Docs for creating, sharing, and collaborating on word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation documents.
- Ability to use Moodle – most course materials will be available in Moodle. While work will be performed in other applications, students should be comfortable browsing Moodle and searching through class resources.
- Ability to use office productivity software – software such as Microsoft Office, Apple Pages, Numbers, and Keynote, and OpenOffice can be used as an alternative to Google Docs. Certain courses may require submitting a project as a PDF which can be exported from any of these applications.
- Ability to use page layout software – certain courses may require the use of page layout software such as Apple’s Pages, Microsoft Publisher, or Adobe InDesign. Courses will not require a specific application, so any of these applications can be used depending on what is available to the student.
- Ability to participate in audio and video conferences – all online and hybrid courses will involve some sort of live communication with a teacher. This could include a class discussion with multiple people, a quick conversation with a teacher for answering a question, or a group collaboration project involving several other students. Students should be able to participate in an audio or video chat free from interruptions. An external mic and headset are highly recommended.
Students are required to have access to a computer meeting the minimum system requirements listed below and an Internet connection. While using your own computer for coursework is strongly encouraged, the district does have laptops available for rental. Details can be found on the laptop rental page.
- Windows XP with SP3 or better
- Mac OS 10.5 or better
- A dual core processor and 1 GB of RAM or better
- A fully updated web browser (Firefox, Safari, or IE)
- Integrated or USB webcam
- Speakers or headphones and a mic
- 1.5 Mbps DSL or Cable modem connection or better